Monday, July 23, 2018

1926-2018

it was so good to spend extra time with my sweet granny during her last few months of life.




however, it was heartbreaking to watch her decline. a couple months ago we found out she had cancer, it really took her body fast.





my mother, brushing her mothers hair during her last week
my mom moved in with her for a few weeks to take care of her as her health got worse each day. sadly, on friday june 29th, around 2:30 am, we lost her.

my grandma was such a big part of my life, and i had such a close relationship with her - we all did. that has made the loss that much harder, but i wouldn't change that close knit relationship for anything.


Image may contain: 2 people, including Alison Reeder, people smiling, phone and outdoor

our granny bird was spunky, sassy, strong, independent, giving, generous, kind, and SO so lovely.

 

it's surreal. i always dreaded this day. my heart is broken, and i don't want to know this earth without her, but i'm also so excited and happy for her. she was so ready to be reunited with her husband, parents, and siblings that had passed on before her.


because of my trip to europe i had to miss the funeral, but i was able to go dress her body, and help move her into her casket. it was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do, but it was also so special and spiritual. i got to paint her nails, and put her lipstick on as well.


life without her won't ever be the same, but lucky for me, i know this isn't a forever goodbye. because of my grandma's death i know i now have a guardian angel who will be with me each day, helping me make the right choices, so i can return to heaven and see her again. the thought of not making it, and not being with her forever, is a thought i simply can not bare.


one of my favorite memories of her is when she put my fake eyelashes on. she was always so fascinated with my lashes.



not only will i see her in heaven again someday, i know i can feel her with me here on earth. i look forward to each of those moments.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Alison Reeder, people smiling, child and baby

No comments:

Post a Comment