Friday, September 9, 2016

Ruby June.

Back in June I finally made my first "adult purchase."


ISN'T SHE  LOVELY?! 


We call her Ruby June (Ruby for obvious reasons, and June because that was the month I purchased her. Plus, the names sound quite great together) 
I've been driving a 1993 Honda Accord since I was 16, we called her "Rhonda" and although she was such a trooper and a fantastic car... it was time to upgrade.... ;) (mostly because her A/C is broken.... and not to be a diva, buuuut driving in 100 degree heat on leather seats and no air conditioning just isn't ideal.)


Rhonda is still alive and running so I get to see her everyday (WHEW,) but I must say that nothing pleases me quite as much as seeing Rhonda parked next to Ruby. Seeing the upgrade makes me feel a lot better about the thick envelope I got in the mail which contains all my car payments for the next 5 years. (Adulting man; it's bittersweet)

I'll be honest, I went through a weird weird funk after buying her. Searching for a car is HARD and so unbelievably tiring. I was worried I hadn't looked long enough and that I made too big of a  decision too fast. I was worried that I should've spent less money (because licensing and registration, interest, and sales tax add a LOT to what you originally think you're paying; and sometimes you're a dumby like me and forget factor all that in, then suddenly you're signing papers and freaking out inside thinking that you're making a mistake and spending too much money and committing to too big of monthly payments) and that maybe she has too many miles or is too old and is going to break down in a year, ect. 
The obsessive thoughts went on and on. I legit turned into the WORST driver the next few days because I was being so overly cautious. I wasn't letting my "driving skill" come naturally, it was like I needed to "break in" my new car. My mind made me believe that I almost got into so many car accidents (which who knows if in reality I did or not, my mind was so foggy those next few days and I can hardly even recall them hahaha) I honestly believed the car was CURSED and that buying it had turned me into some awful driver. It was a rough few days weeks, I was constantly battling thoughts of wanting to return the car and keep looking for something different, or just keep driving Rhonda until she broke down. BUT I'm happy to say that the "money spending vulnerability hang over" ended and i'm now as pleased as ever with my purchase.
She's real pretty. I take her through the car wash and vacuum her frequently and she's certainly turned into my baby. If I love my first born child as much as I love Ruby then I think my kid will be in good hands ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment