Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Hardest Job In The World.

I had to watch this 4 minute video as part of a lesson in school, and It really really touched me! The love + support + sacrifice my mom shows me day after day is truly humbling; especially knowing that she gives this same energy and time to all 5 of my siblings! AND she has been at it for nearly 30 years now. There's no one on this earth I cherish quite as much as I cherish my mother. 


I can't wait to be a mom some day and raise children of my own. The thought of it can be terrifying because of this crazy wicked world, but I'm honestly more excited then anything, and I think the reason my excitement trumps the fear is because of the perfect example I have in front of me. I hope to be even half the mother to my babies that my mom is to me. If I can even accomplish that much I know my kids will be SO blessed.


****************
A few days before I watched this video I read THIS post on nienie's blog where she shared this quote:

"A wonderful young mother recently wrote to me: “How is it that a human being can love a child so deeply that you willingly give up a major portion of your freedom for it? How can mortal love be so strong that you voluntarily subject yourself to responsibility, vulnerability, anxiety, and heartache and just keep coming back for more of the same? What kind of mortal love can make you feel, once you have a child, that your life is never, ever your own again? Maternal love has to be divine. There is no other explanation for it. What mothers do is an essential element of Christ’s work. Knowing that should be enough to tell us the impact of such love will range between unbearable and transcendent, over and over again, until with the safety and salvation of the very last child on earth, we can [then] say with Jesus, ‘[Father!] I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.’11 ” - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

All the feels. I truly believe being a mother is apart of my divine nature and purpose. I can't wait for the day that I get to hold sweet babies of my own fresh from heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment