Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

this year my mama hosted thanksgiving at our place. it was nice and low key - which is my favorite way to have it. my cute friend Gill came over. she's been joining us for family dinners recently, because she's practically one of our own at this point. she's from new york and didn't travel home for the holiday since she's going home permentantly next month (which i'm not talking about... because i'll cry) so we had her over so she could have come company. it was the perfect addition to my thanksgiving holiday!
gill is my soul sister, and a true blessing in my life. i couldn't adore her more. 


 nothing is better then my moms turkey brine and her homemade feather rolls. recently i was asked what my favorite restaurant is, and it was an easy answer - my moms kitchen. i've never been a big fan of going out to eat honestly, probably because my moms cooking tops all else.

my redneck brothers showed up late to thanksgiving dinner with a dead coyote in tow. hahaha, life would be too boring without them.

 and am i the only one who loves shredding all the meat off the bird?! it's incredibly satisfying.

overall, the reason i love this holiday so much is because of FAMILY. i do not know what i did to deserve the people i have in my life. in fact, i don't think i did anything to deserve them, i think i was just blessed with them- regardless of anything i did or didn't do - because i'm lucky. not everyone has a safe place to call home, or parents who filled their parent duties. i've never had to doubt that i was loved, cared for, important, and special in their eyes. i couldn't be more thankful for that!
happy spanksgiivvvinnnggg 

No comments:

Post a Comment