Thursday, July 23, 2015

little brother.

i have 5 siblings, so my whole life growing up, i've been use to living in a crazy home full of kids, suddenly, in the blink of an eye, it was just my and jackson left at home, the two babies of the family. things are definitely quieter now, but we have no problem finding fun of our own, ever since i was 4- and jackson was born- he's always been my little partner in crime.



 
one morning last week, we decided it would be fun to go to a random hotel, and see if we could smeag some free breakfast from them, and so we did. it was too easy, and a fun little "adventure" for us.

Displaying IMG_5972.JPG
 
last week me and j also went to the temple with our mama to do baptisms for the dead, we had family names, and that made it extra special. it was cool being baptized and confirmed for the woman i am named after, (and for the woman that my great grandma was named after.) baptisms for the dead are always special, but doing them for your own family makes the spirit 10x stronger. i can't wait to hug all those woman in heaven someday, who i know are so grateful that i took my time to serve them.
 
 
i know for a lot of people, little brothers can often times become a 'burden' (don't worry, j has been a pain in my butt plenty of times;)) but i'm grateful for the relationship i have with jackson.
just the other day he laid on my bed as we listened to music together, and he randomly says "court. i love you" it melted my heart a bit. 14 year old boys like being 'tough' but the fact he has a soft spot in his heart for his sisters - and isn't afraid to show it - is the sweetest.




i truly am so blessed.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment