Saturday, August 13, 2016

wheeler ridin' + the shooting range.

One of our favorite activities at the family cabin is riding 4-wheeler's. After lunch on Saturday a bunch of us headed out on a long ride while Lex and our Granny Bird stayed behind to read and nap.


Pais was sandwiched between my mom and I on the back of one four-wheeler, silly girl fell asleep within 5 minutes of our ride; I held her in my arms as she flopped around like a rag doll. This girl is known for falling asleep on every car ride and every four-wheeler ride.
Once we rode out long and far we arrived at a little meadow, we woke up Pais and hopped off of our "vehicles" so we could walk around/explore for a bit.






The mountains are so dang pretty. This is why Utah has my heart!


On our ride back we got caught in a storm. It has begun to thunder and soon enough there was lightening and rain too. Once we were a minute or two away from the cabin the rain turned into a down pour, we got soaked as we sped back to the cabin. Once we were back to the safety of our little cabin we got into dry clothes, made hot coacoa, and began to prepare dinner.
The next day we went on another super long ride, this time it was just my mamma and I + Ty and Chels. We rode our four wheeler's through this river crossing (which was way deeper then we expected it to be, I thought we might swamp out; but that just made it even more fun!) on the other side of the river crossing we went up a giant hill and found ourselves the PRETTIEST look out. I had left my camera at the cabin this time but I was definitely wishing I had brought it with me to cabin the view. Then again, some things are nice to have only in your mind. The fact I didn't have my phone or camera made that little wheeler trip a little more special and intimate!

Another thing that makes time at the cabin extra fun is bringing the guns and going down to the shooting range.
Shooting clay pigeons is my kryptonite. I've got the worst aim and eye... ever. BUT, look at the blue blue sky. Alllll the heart eyes.

Tyler brought his Assault Rifle (which was my favorite) Check out this 90 year old with the AR-15. HAHA, ever seen something more amusing? 

I'll admit. I felt pretty dang cool shooting that bad boy. Until I looked at this picture and realized how uncoordinated and uncool I look hahaha.

Little Paisley has her own 22 (It's a Savage Rascal) and she knows how to load it all by herself. She shoots it with the help of her papa. They're starting her out young and I love it! Can't wait for the day when she gets her first deer.

I love hearing her talk about shooting "her rascal" she loves it and it's so dang cute!

Sure love this family of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment