Sunday, October 16, 2016

Conference Weekend.

Conference weekend is always one for the books. Especially fall conference... Because FALL! And OCTOBER! And SPIRITUAL UPLIFTENT

Even though I was babysitting all weekend, I feel so blessed that I was able to get all sessions listened to. Saturday night I baked a peach pie with sweet pais for the boys to enjoy after preisthood session. 
(it looked prettier before it was baked. Is it just me or does everyones strussel topping get significantly less attractive once it's baked?)

Pais was super lovey dovey and wanted to constently be giving me butterfly or eskimo kisses. I love when she gets in these moods of never wanting to stop squeezing and hugging me because touch is no doubt my top love language. 

She also kept making the cutest comments like "We're the bakers aren't we?" And "Okay! So you're the mama baker and I'm the little girl baker" I love the way 3 year olds minds work ;)



Later that night we took a family toilet papering trip. Quality bonding right there! 


Sunday morning we made pumpkin french toast, and gathered together in the family room as we listened to the last 2 sessions. My favorite talk of the whole weekend may just of been Evan A. Shmutz's titled "God Shall Wipe Away All Tears"
Here are just a FEW of the things I scribbled down as I listened: 
"As apart of the plan he's allowed sorrow to be woven into our lives; but we can know in the midst of affliction that eternal compensation will be ours"
"Living the Gospel doens't make us immune to tragedy, but Jesus Christ can and will bind up the brokenhearted."
 "Suffering doesn't teach us anything of lasting value unless we invest in the process with faith"
"When we link suffering to a purpose we see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have been promised that God will wipe away every tear from our eyes"

As I listened, my heart was overcome with peace. Everything just made sense! 
Hopefully you were all able to tune in too! If not, rewatch or read the talks here.
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment