Tuesday, June 23, 2015

158 days & baby steps.

remember this fun post? well exciting news, this past friday, after 5 months, 22.5 weeks, and 158 days, I was discharged!!
 
 i'm now on a program called iop (intensive out patient) and though it may not seem like a HUGE deal, considering i'm still up at my treatment center each day,  (but only half a day now, wahoo)
to me, the fact that i am not longer considered "hospitalized" and i am now considered an "outpatient" is a BIG deal to me!
 
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step. #ChitrChatr #EarlySubscribersPromo
 
only 3 of those 5 months, 13 of those 22.5 weeks, and 89 of the 158 days were spent fully hospitalized, when i stepped down from 24 hour care, to the part hospitalization program, it was a really really big deal to me! it maybe didn't seem like a big deal to many people, but  to me - it was!
 
this next transition down may not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me - it is.
 
as my mom continues to tell me - it's all about baby steps.
with each step down, I've received more "freedom" this is scary, because more freedom gives me more opportunities to relapse, and that's why i'm moving through the process slowly, because they want to be sure i'm ready to progress forward.
 
//
 
 
this is a big deal to me, this is exciting to me, and i feel really proud of myself.
 
i still have a long journey ahead of me, it's a long, hard process, but that doesn't mean it can't be done - because i'm doing it.
 
the dream is real
 


No comments:

Post a Comment