Thursday, January 19, 2017

Nails & Cookies.

A couple Saturday's back My brother and his wife Chelsea were gone Elk hunting; so we got the honor of watching the babies while they were away. That morning I had mentioned to Pais that we should go get our nails done together. The remainder of the morning and afternoon were filled with errands and chores on my end, but every time she saw me she was SURE to remind me that we should go get our nails done and she was anxious to ask if I was ready to go. Her excitement touched my heart. I hope we're always able to do things together and get one on one dates with one another. No matter how old the both of us get I hope she'll always be excited for time with her Aunt Courtney.
The whole way there Paisley asked question after question. "Will they have blue nail polish? How many kinds of blue? Am I going to pick out your nail color too? Will you want pink? Because I think you should do pink! Will they have a lot of colors? How many? Will they have every color?" Etc etc etc. 

Once we were there she was so nervous & quiet. It made me laugh. She sat on my lap while "Lane" painted her nails and she was so shy to answer every question he asked. Although she acted terrified of him while we were there, once we were home & playing the rest of the night she kept talking about Lane and wondering if he had kids and if we should go to his house to play with him, or if we should invite him over to our house because maybe he'd maybe want to play with us. She kept mentioning him the whole rest of the week too!
 
After our nail date I offered to take her to get hot chocolate or a treat. No hesitation, she wanted a "cookie from Sodalicious with pink frosting!" And she was sure to let me know that she wanted to go IN, not just the drive thru. She ate a couple bites and was done, SORTA wasteful, but that's okay! We had fun playing and chattin'. As we left she wanted to pretend we were locked in and had to find a key and sneak out quietly to the car. I love kids imaginations and the games they come up with!

I've decided that once my Brother's family moves into their new home I'm going to take each niece on an individual date once a month so I can still bond with them and maintain our strong, close relationships. This was just a little "preview" of that. Maycie is certainly ready for her date! Once we got home she made it very clear that she wanted HER nails painted too, and she wanted to go OUTSIDE to do it (not just downstairs, because it was obviously not where me and Pais did ours haha.) So there could end up being some drama there. Perhaps i'll have to do GROUP dates with the two until they can grasp the concept of each having their own special date.
Now I've just got to figure out a one-on-one date for me and little Maycie (that is if Pais let's us leave the house without her; and if she doesn't that's okay! The more the merrier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment