Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Paisley Fox turns 4.


I get to party all day long on New Years Eve, because it's the day that my very first niece was born! Paisley woke up on Saturday morning and was SO excited to remind everyone what day it was. The fam started out our day at Black Bear Diner - with the exception of me who had to work. boo! - because what better way to start birthday celebrations then with pancakes? Luckily, I got off work early to help out with her party. This year was the first time she had a "friend" party, and she's been counting on it being "deer themed" for months now. We started out with decorating deer sugar cookies. How cute is this cookie cutter we found on amazon? 



We then played "pin the antlers on the deer" and opened presents.
Paisley was 100% against us singing Happy Birthday to her, she just doesn't like the attention! But her dad (being the big tease that he is) started singing happy birthday anyways.... and it ended like this.
hahahahaha, we couldn't stop laughing... DRAMA. 

Later that night we had family over for cake and ice-cream. 


Me being the "personal dessert" chef that I am had the honor of making her cake. I'll admit, I was pretty proud of this one. 
Because of our experience earlier in the day, we decided to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" once in unison instead of singing. It went much more smooth that way! 
I still can't believe this little sweet heart is already 4 years old.... I spent so much of the day looking at old pictures of her from over the years. At one point I told Lexi "I'm going to cry! I can't believe how fast she's grown up!" Later I was showing her parents some of the old pictures I was looking at and Paisley turns around and shouts "WHY is Courtney crying about it?!" HAHA. We all got a good laugh out of that one.


This little girl has brought more meaning to my life then I even know how to explain.... I feel like I'm being so dramatic because I'm just an Aunt; but I can honestly say that this little girl (and her little sister) have changed my life. I wouldn't be in the place I am right now without them. They are two of my BIGGEST motivations to stay healthy. I always want to be around to watch them grow up. I want to be a good role model to them. I want them to remember me being full of life, full of energy, and exciting! I don't want them to remember a sick version of myself. These girls keep me fighting for the best life each and every day. With the love I feel for my nieces.... I can't even imagine what being a mama would feel like.
It was such a surreal and sentimental day as we celebrated her birthday, because 4 years ago she changed my life drastically. As dramatic as it is, I genuinely mean it! Being an aunt is the BIGGEST blessing in my life thus far. God was very aware of me & the timing of her precious spirit entering this world. He knew I would be needing some Paisley therapy in the years that were about to come. I couldn't thank him more for putting her in my life. We love you little Pais bug, happy 4th birthday! 

*****************
See her 3rd birthday, and 2nd birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment